Shop, Eat and Celebrate will now be the new mantra for the residents of Indore
Indore, May 29, 2009: Future Group, India’s leading retailer, announced today the launch of the largest Central Mall in the country in Indore city. Located at RNT Marg, Indore Central, which sprawls over massive 2,25,000 square feet, will offer an unparalleled experience to Shop, Eat & Celebrate. With the opening of this store the total tally of Central Malls now stands at nine, with two stores each in Mumbai and Pune, and a store each in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vadodara and Gurgaon.
“With the success of the Central format in other cities we decided to bring the Central’ experience to Indore in order to provide a one stop destination to shop, eat & celebrate to Indoris says Vishnu Prasad, CEO, Central and Brand Factory.
At Indore Central, customers will be able to shop for over 500 fashion brands from categories including apparel, eye wear, watches, footwear, cosmetics and fragrances, sportswear, jewellery, hand bags, electronics, home décor, furniture and furnishing, food products and much more.
“The USP of Central is its seamless concept, which allows brands to present its true identity and experience in the brand sections and at the same time creating a larger than life experience in a space undivided by walls. Shoppers do not have to go from one outlet to the other to buy apparel as it is displayed in one seamless area. Also, it saves a lot of time as consumers can shop for multiple brands but pay at one cash counter. The seamless shopping experience has been much appreciated by consumers in all existing Centrals. The brands are also laid out in such a manner that it is easy for a customer to locate and access a category in which all the related brands are showcased together”, says Rajesh Seth, VP, Marketing, Central and Brand Factory.
Shop-in-Shops at Central
- With HomeTown, Central will offer over 50,000 home products including furniture, bathrooms, modular kitchens, home furnishing, electricals & lighting, décor & homeware, carpentry & hardware, paints & flooring along with design & build services for interior designing, carpentry, flooring & other needs.
- The eZone shop-in shop will provide 250 brands of electronics like stereo systems, laptops, MP3 players, refrigerators, TVs, home appliances & more. As an introductory offer, on shopping for Rs. 4,999/- consumers can get assured gifts till stocks last.
- At Food Bazaar, present within the Central mall, customers can find daily essentials across categories like food and beverages, personal care, fruits and vegetables and home care. Food Bazaar also houses the Dollar Store.
- Ethnicity offers over 20,000 styles to choose from in ethnic wear. Customers can choose from a large saree collection, salwar kameez sets, bridal wear, party and fusion wear, sherwanis, jodhpuris as well as ethnic kids wear. Also available are ayurveda and natural products, costume jewellery, gold jewellery and handicrafts.
- At F123 youngsters can enjoy a serious gaming session playing video games, snooker and more. Those looking at a glamorous makeover could check out the unisex beauty salon called Salon@Central.
A scrumptious, delectable spread at Indore Central
For shoppers to enjoy a quick bite with family and friends during their visit, Indore Central offers eating options at cafes like Cafe Bollywood, Brewberry cafe, Barista cafe, Indian sweet shop, snack bars, ice cream parlours like Nirulas & Baskin Robbins & more. Indore Central will soon offer fine dining experience, with the best of restaurants.
Special services at Indore Central
Indore Central shoppers can also enjoy a host of value added services on a daily basis.
- Beauty Centralwill provide the consumers valuable beauty tips and also offer them free makeovers.
- Radio Central will provide foot tapping music & entertainment and update on promotions at Indore Central.
- DJ Central will bring live DJ on weekends
- Wi-Fi Central will offer free internet connectivity
- Flower Central will ofer fresh & seasonal flowers & bouquets for purchase.
Indore Central will also offer the latest blockbuster movies at the soon to open Inox multiplex.
Some of the nation’s most popular retail outlets like Archies Gallery will also have presence within Indore Central. The flea market at Indore Central will offer traditional as well as trendy jewellery, accessories, handicrafts, along with mehendi artists and snack vendors.
Indore Central will also serve as a great community space where customers can come and spend valuable time with their families. There are many opportunities for customers to participate in events and festivals where they can have lots of fun and win prizes. Indore Central will organise regular activities and events for women, youth & kids to build an emotional connect with the community.
With such a wide range of offering, Indore Central is sure to become the favourite destination to Shop, Eat & Celebrate for one & all in Indore.
About Future Group
Future Group, led by its founder and Group CEO, Mr. Kishore Biyani, is one of India’s leading business houses with multiple businesses spanning across the consumption space. While retail forms the core business activity of Future Group, group subsidiaries are present in consumer finance, capital, insurance, leisure and entertainment, brand development, retail real estate development, retail media and logistics.
Led by its flagship enterprise, Pantaloon Retail, the group operates over 12 million square feet of retail space in 71 cities and towns and 65 rural locations across India. Headquartered in Mumbai (Bombay), Pantaloon Retail employs around 30,000 people and is listed on the Indian stock exchanges. The company follows a multi-format retail strategy that captures almost the entire consumption basket of Indian customers. In the lifestyle segment, the group operates Pantaloons, a fashion retail chain and Central, a chain of seamless malls. In the value segment, its marquee brand, Big Bazaar is a hypermarket format that combines the look, touch and feel of Indian bazaars with the choice and convenience of modern retail.
The group’s speciality retail formats include, books and music chain, Depot, sportswear retailer, Planet Sports, electronics retailer, eZone, home improvement chain, Home Town and rural retail chain, Aadhaar, among others. It also operates popular shopping portal, futurebazaar.com.
Future Capital Holdings, the group’s financial arm provides investment advisory to assets worth over $1 billion that are being invested in consumer brands and companies, real estate, hotels and logistics. It also operates a consumer finance arm with branches in 150 locations.
Other group companies include, Future Generali, the group’s insurance venture in partnership with Italy’s Generali Group, Future Brands, a brand development and IPR company, Future Logistics, providing logistics and distribution solutions to group companies and business partners and Future Media, a retail media initiative.
The group’s presence in Leisure & Entertainment segment is led through, Mumbai-based listed company Galaxy Entertainment Limited. Galaxy leading leisure chains, Sports Bar and Bowling Co. and family entertainment centres, F123. Through its partner company, Blue Foods the group operates around 100 restaurants and food courts through brands like Bombay Blues, Spaghetti Kitchen, Noodle Bar, The Spoon, Copper Chimney and Gelato.
Future Group’s joint venture partners include, US-based stationery products retailers, Staples and Middle East-based Axiom Communications.
The group’s flagship company, Pantaloon Retail was awarded the International Retailer of the Year 2007, by the US-based National Retail Federation, the largest retail trade association and the the Emerging Market Retailer of the Year 2007 at the World Retail Congress in Barcelona.
Future Group believes in developing strong insights on Indian consumers and building businesses based on Indian ideas, as espoused in the group’s core value of ‘Indianness.’ The group’s corporate credo is, ‘Rewrite rules, Retain values.’
For further information please contact
Mr. Atul Takle
Head - Corporate Communications
Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited